If you want to improve your social life or self-confidence and would like some personalized guidance and support, I offer one-on-one counseling.
- I've been writing about social skills on SucceedSocially.com since 2006.
- I'm a licensed therapist. I have a Master of Social Work (MSW), along with an undergraduate degree in psychology.
- I've gone through my own struggles with shyness and loneliness.
Types of social issues I can help with
Individual counseling can address the same types of problems my writing on this site covers, such as:
- Overcoming shyness and social anxiety
- Increasing your confidence, and reducing your insecurities, around others
- Improving your conversation skills
- Learning to make friends, and getting past loneliness and isolation
- Generally becoming more likable and enjoyable to be around
- Building a social style that works for your personality and interests, so you don't have to change more than you'd like to fit in
- Identifying and smoothing out social blind spots
- Becoming more socially successful if you have Asperger's Syndrome / are on the higher-functioning end of the autism spectrum
- Each one-hour session is $100 (US)
- Sessions take place over video chat (I use a web-based platform that's more privacy-secure than free ones like Skype)
- I'm in the Eastern Standard Time timezone. I work from Ontario, Canada
- I can see adults who are 18 or over
If you're thinking of working with me please send an email to email@example.com, briefly telling me what areas you'd like my help with, as well as any questions you might have. I look forward to hearing from you.